To reset a Nintendo 3DS game cartridge game save data, you can try the following steps:
- Start the game and go to the game’s main menu.
- Look for the game’s options or settings menu.
- Locate the option to reset or delete the game save.
- Confirm the deletion or reset when prompted.
Alternatively, you can also try:
- Go to the 3DS home menu.
- Select “System Settings”
- Go to “Data Management”
- Select “Nintendo 3DS” or “Nintendo DSi” depending on the game.
- Select the game you wish to delete and select “Delete”
Keep in mind that this will delete all of your save data and progress in the game, so make sure to backup your save data before proceeding. If you can’t find the above options, refer to the game’s manual or contact the game’s support for further assistance.
If none of the previous methods work, try pressing and holding the A, B, Y, X buttons or up on D-Pad, X + B buttons while starting the game. This may bring up a menu that allows you to reset the save data on some 3DS games, such as Pokémon Y or Pokémon Sun.
Here is the Nintendo customer support link which might be useful: how-to-delete-save-data-and-applications